I shared a great Disneyland story in the previous post only to have it lost in cyber space! So I will share once more!
A couple of years ago we were visiting Disneyland. I was waiting with Brynn and Ethan for the big light parade. We had gotten there early and had a great spot. Gary was stuck in line with Lorin somewhere. The kids were getting very restless but with the promise of an awesome parade the kids were waiting so patiently. Just before the parade began we were standing shoulder to shoulder in a huge crowd and two grown men shove their way through the crowd and stand right in front of us!! The parade starts and Ethan starts having a major meltdown. There was no way I could lift him up so he could see. He is standing in this crowd of people screaming. Everyone starts giving us these looks. So I announce to the crowd that two grown men shoved their way in front of us and my son who has Autism was having a hard time coping with their rude behavior. Before I knew it people all around us were pulling my kids up to the front and comforting my child. Other people watch all of our stuff, including my purse and stroller and souvenirs so I could edge my way closer to my kids. I wouldn't normally trust strangers to watch my kids and my belongings but I knew everything would be fine. It was like instantly these strangers became family and treated my children as if they were their own. It really touched me. What could have been a nightmare turned into a confirmation of the goodness of strangers.
No comments:
Post a Comment