Easter was fantastic. The Saturday before we had an Easter egg hunt in our back yard. The kids loved getting all that candy. They had to do all their chores first before I would even set it up. I am a mean mom. By the time we finally started the anticipation was huge. Everyone was assigned a color, thank you Grandma Bradshaw, so that everyone would get the same number of eggs and prevent all fighting.
On Sunday morning the kids got their Easter baskets. Here is a clip.
I made everyone something for Easter. Ethan got a tie to match the one I made for Gary for last Christmas. What handsome men in my family.
These are the girls Easter dresses. Do they look familiar Liz? I believe they were once a duvet cover that belonged to you. It's hard to tell from the picture but Lorin's has a bubble skirt. I love bubble skirts.
This is what I made for myself. The blouse is just made from cheap cotton broadcloth I got for 1$ a yard. I made a navy blue blouse too. I love this pattern but the ruffles took forever. I might make more though. The skirt is just a simple high waisted pencil skirt but I made it our of a beautiful brocade fabric. It was expensive but I got it on sale and only needed a couple of yards so it turned out pretty cheap in the end. I love this skirt. I usually try to hide my midsection but I decided to do embrace my motherly curves.
Church was wonderful. We love Easter and the beautiful message about the Savior and hope and redemption. I feel so blessed to belong to my church and the peace and hope it brings to my heart. The night before Easter they had a missionary open house in our ward. Some members went all out and build a huge life sized tomb in the cultural hall. It was amazing. It was still there on Sunday and the kids got to look at it and go inside it. Ethan has been really interested in the Easter story this year. He asked Gary to build a "tomb in his bedroom so the kids could play in it.
This is the tomb with the stone (a pillow) rolled away. The kids thought it was fantastic. They played int eh tomb all afternoon. Later that day Ethan was upset about something. I found him in the tomb with the "stone" sealing the entrance. I removed it to find him sitting there with his fan going inside the tomb. He sad "I am just sad and in the tomb". He proceeded to roll the stone back in place. Clearly he wanted to be left alone in his tomb.
5 comments:
Every time you post, I have a ton to say! Sorry for the uberlong posts.
1 - Holy Sexy Mama, Batman! I mean, WOW. And you really ought to earn some fat stacks with your skillz. And being resourceful to boot. You would've made a great pioneer. I actually want that skirt. WANT it.
2 - Your Easter sounds so perfect. Lots of spiritual with fun activities as well. Ethan being sad in the tomb is so precious.
3 - Color-coded Easter eggs might be the discovery of the century. I'm doing it.
4 - I know I always say it, but I miss you.
Those dresses made out of that duvet are so beautiful!
Mom told me the story of the tomb. We thought it was just terrific.
Natalee, you continue to impress with your sewing skills. Amazing. Your blouse and skirt are too cute for words! ANd those girls do not look like they are wearing a duvet cover! You Rock!
Wow, I am so impressed by you Natalee! All of your hand-made items are so beautiful and full of character. I love the dresses made from the duvet cover. And ditto to what Jen said--you are a stone cold fox in your new ruffled shirt and brocade skirt!!
YOU MADE THAT SHIRT AND SKIRT!
WHAT!
Oh the envy...
Post a Comment