I can't believe I've waited this long to post anything. My life just feels so crazy right now. The kids are back in school. Kids going back to school churns up an assortment of emotions. When it comes to Lorin it is so easy. She loves school, she loves to learn, she is the teacher's favorite year after year, she gets straight A's, and comes straight home and does her homework usually with very little help. For me sending Lorin to school is a happy, fun exciting thing. With Ethan it is so much more stressful. I know he will struggle, I know he will give his teachers a run for their money, just being there is difficult for him. Luckily for him he's got an endearing personality that seems to win over the teachers and aids that work with him. He's struggled since going back to school but his teacher is wonderful and really wants him to be there and wants him to succeed. I'm totally impressed with her already. I also find that I am very particular about what Ethan wears to school. I think it is because I know that he will be picked on and laughed at and I don't want to add to it by dressing him poorly. I know it sounds silly but it totally influences my back to school shopping. Everything is still on sale (this is me we're talking about) but I think I tend to buy nicer than I normally would.
On another note, my parents, my sister Shelly, and her hubby Dennis are all in France!!!! SO JEALOUS. I don't think I'm a jealous person. I love it when dear ones have successes and wonderful experiences. But in this instance I am totally Jealous. They will be going to the Louvre, THE LOUVRE. Sigh.... I want to go there so bad. I guess I will have to settle for my trip to the Sanford museum last month. Not quite the same but we loved it none the less. I am not ashamed of my jealousy and will embrace it until they return and I force them to go into length about every aspect of the trip, especially the Louvre.
6 comments:
Kids going to school is definitely bringing out lots of different emotions in me too. I bet Ethan will have a great year. Miss you!!!
I miss you guys!!Your kids are sooo cute, and growing up! I feel for you about Ethan. He's such a sweet kid. I hope all goes well!!
I realate EXACTLY to what you are saying about the kids and school. F and E, easy. H, same stress and feelings...and I do the same things with the clothes. I thought I was shallow, but you are the furthest thing from shallow in the world so now I know it's normal. when they have so many things that are diffucult already, you try to put as many odds in their favor as you possibly can. I get it. Thank goodness for his good teacher. I think we lucked out with Harris too. It makes all the difference. Miss you tons!
Liz
Miss you miss you miss you.
You are an excellent mom. Ethan has every chance in the world because of you and Gary. Hopefully, once he's settled into the routine of school, it won't be as hard for him to want to go. He really is so endearing. It's difficult to get mad at him (I'm not his parent, of course) when he runs back into the room grinning his happiest grin and saying, "Look! I'm happy!"
I would be surprised if an art major and incredibly artistic person such as yourself were NOT jealous about the Louvre!
Good luck with the back to school scene. I'll pray that Ethan and Lorin continue to exceed expectations. :) And I'm wishing a virtual tour of the Louvre for you in your dreams!
Nat, the Louvre was so-so, all right if you're into stuff like the Mona Lisa and Venus de Milo, but really, when it all comes down to it, pretty much the same as the sanford museum (only a tad bigger!) Actually, I think we enjoyed the Orsay with all the Impressionists better.
Post a Comment