Can you say cold chill running down my spine? OK, where do I start? First of all, why us? Who thought we of all people would fit in with that crowd? Have we ever said anything to anybody that could be construed in a racist manner? Yes, we look like a family out of one of Hitlers propaganda posters. We are glow in the dark white, blond, and blue eyed. We can't help that. I didn't marry Gary because of his classic arian looks. I married him because of his awesomeness. Does that mean we agree with racist propaganda? NO NO NO!!! What have we done to make members of that community take notice? Are they just dropping them off at random white people's yards? None of our neighbors had one.
My next question is who? Was it someone we know? Do we associate with Klansmen? I keep trying to think of who it could be who might have KKK ties. I can't think of a single person, but obviously we do. Unless the KKK just keeps an eye out for very very white people.
I keep considering having a big inter-racial barbecue just in case. Really, I hate racist jokes, I have many friends and family members who aren't white, I try very hard to set an example to my children when it comes to judging people according to their appearances. I'm not good at many things, and i have a lot of faults, but, I think that seeing people as children of God is actually something I'm kind of good at.
***
So it turns out they were tracting. Not everyone in the neighborhood got them but we are one of the lucky ones.





6 comments:
Wow. So sad that such a horrible, despicable group is still around. Yuck!
And it goes without saying that they do not know ANY THING about you and your family!!!!
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/content/fulltext/?cid=216782
Happened to other people in the neighborhood too Nat...
Gary
What in the name of all that is NOT racist?! I am floored. And disgusted. Times like these I have to remind myself that I stand behind the first amendment. But, good gosh, it repels me.
You do not look or act or speak in a racist manner, as you well know. Maybe they were tracting.
LAME!!!
That is truly disgusting! Unbelievable! Have that multicultural block party and burn that invitation.
Oh man that is shocking! So creepy. Imagine how terrible and scary it would be to get that flyer if you were NOT of the pale. So sad they still exist.
Post a Comment