Ethan recently turned 8!!! It was a busy, wonderful day!!
The day began with baseball!! It was opening ceremonies and the first game of the season!! I LOVE Ethan's baseball team!! I'm so glad Ethan has the opportunity to be involved and I will always sing it's praises!
Next on the agenda... Ethan's Baptism!!!! Right after baseball we rushed home, got changed and rushed to the church. I can't even express the spirit I felt. I can't even express the gratitude I feel that my sweet boy has made this decision, and that he can make this decision. I'm so grateful for his growth and progress. The room was filled with friends and family who love Ethan. It was such a wonderful, glorious, happy baptism. When a member of the bishopric was giving some closing remarks Ethan kept raising his hand and asking questions. It was awesome. I hope he always asks questions.
My mom was able to fly in from California!! We were so sorry my dad couldn't make it, but we loved having mom here!!
My mom got Ethan a new suit for his birthday!!! He looked so handsome!
After the baptism a bunch of us went to Belles Chicken House!! GOOD!!
They made the birthday dress up like a chicken as they sang to him!! I think he looks very handsome. Everyone is going to be wearing that hat next year, I just know it!
Ethan and Caleb doing the chicken dance. One of Ethan's all time favorites!
Brynn doing the same dance!! Any restaurant that includes the chicken dance in the evenings entertainment is pretty fantastic. Also, check out the pie on the metal shelves behind Brynn. I know, pretty fantastic!
Lorin also doing the chicken dance!! I love that she is starting to get to the agfe where she gets embarrassed about doing that kind of stuff but she went up anyway. Love that girl!
After the restaurant we went to our dear friends, the Compton's house and ate some cake and icecream. The cake was huge, and delicious!! Perfect ending to a perfect day!
6 comments:
What a wonderful day for a wonderful kid. He looks so handsome in that suit! Congratulations Ethan!
awesome post! i love your dress in that pic and i bet you made it! that boy is a sweet angel. i have always felt that about him..i could feel it when i'd hold him in my arms during primary. and what perfect sibs and parents he has to teach him and most of all to be taught by him. love yall.
what a cutie!
so fantastic! what a great day to celebrate a great kid.
and abilene must be treatin' you right because you look ab-fab.
What a great day that was. It will always be a treasured memory for me.
Ethan and your family are so great. His baseball team seems so great. What a sweet boy he is on his baptism day.
Post a Comment