Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Houston, We have landed!!
We all arrived yesterday at about 1:30 pm. We were actually feeling a little down as we drove into Houston. It brought back so many good memories and therefore reminded us how much we don't like where we live and how different our circumstances are now. We got to see Karen, Neal and all the other Adairs. It was really great to see them. They have been generous enough to host us at there house. We drove by our old house and of course I cried. Sometimes blessings can be such a trial. After that we dropped by Liz's house. She graciously let us in and talked to us for several hours. Then we dropped by Jen's house and she was also kind enough to let us in and chat for several hours. There is nothing like loved ones to lighten your spirits. Today I was going to walk with Liz. Our walk turned into a donut binge and Liz coloring and styling my hair. Way better than exercise. We love all of our dear friends and family in Houston. It has been so hard to start over but so many blessings have come already from our decision to start over. We know we made the right decision. Why is it that the right decision feels so awful sometimes?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Well, I don't know why right feels awful sometimes. It makes me pretty mad. Hence, I throw fits about magazine articles. But we are glad you are here, and I want to see your hair.
Donuts and hair were just what I needed today (that makes it sound gross)! Spending time with you always helps me get better perspective. That's something you have such a handle on.
That sounds like my kind of workout. That is why I need to lose 15 pounds ... starting tomorrow of course.
Glad you are back with your friends! Enjoy them.
Post a Comment