Ethan's IQ test scores were low but none of the educational professionals gave it much weight for a few reasons.
1. It's pretty easy to see he is intelligent if you spend any time with him.
2. He's only six.
3. This is an example of how the testing went:
The diagnostician would ask him a question.
No response. No response.
Diagnostician: Ethan are you going to answer the question?
Ethan: Wait I'm thinking about time, distance, and space.
What!?! Huh??
That's pretty much how the entire test went. He would answer some questions and other answers just came from somewhere in space. The "Pros" said there is just so much going on in his little brain that it is hard for him to filter things out and just answer a simple question. They said his IQ test scores would probably increase as he got older. I just wish I could spend some time in his brain.
4 comments:
Yeah, inside there must be a section dedicated to the adoration of food.
Word verification: dedine
Def. Declining to dine.
You need to write a book of Ethan's aphorisms. He has a great way of putting the point across in a few, but very well-chosen, and unexpected words.
So Nat, I ran in to a friend of mine that has an autistic son and she gave me some advice.
5 things:
1. Work on your marriage, no matter how strong it is now.
2. you can apply for ssi.
3. read Temple grandon books, not Jenny Mccarthy books.
4. Work constintly on eye contact games.
and
5. I forgot this one. But I'll remimber it.
Love you!
I never took that kid for a dummy, quite the opposite! You will probably be amazed at the pearls of wisdom that you are going to glean from that kid over the years.
Post a Comment