Monday, November 2, 2009

May the Force Be With You

For Halloween this year we were all Star Wars characters. I didn't have patterns for most of them so I just used patterns I already had and changed them slightly.


Brynn of course was princess Leia. I don't think she would have gone for it if she couldn't be a princess.




Here is Ethan reprising his role as Luke Skywalker (its actually Obi wan but he claims Luke.)




Lorin was Padme Amidalah. I had to piece her together out of different patterns and used a knit fabric which my machine kept eating.I think it turned out great though.


Gary was the infamous Emperor. Gary loved having a cloak. Who wouldn't.The cloak really is a versatile part of any man's wardrobe.


UH OH!!! The Emperor is using the powers of the dark side on Padme!!!!



I kind of ran out of good girl star wars characters so I just went as a Jedi.

They have no idea the danger that awaits. HA HA HA HA HAAAAAA




Every year on Halloween we have a creepy dinner.


This is swamp juice. MMMM yummy. I got some frogs eye pasta for the fish eggs. Cooked them and colored the with food coloring. Then added Swedish fish and a gummy worm. Then topped it all off with ginger ale.

And of course we had our mummy dogs and blood and guts soup.


We also had witch fingers, and eyeball and brain jello. My eyeball didn't cooperate so much, but the brain rocked. I made some for a Halloween party we were invited to and everyone was afraid to eat it. I was so proud.




Here is the awesome pumpkin we carved. I found the idea in family fun magazine. It was super quick and easy and looked hilarious.
We had a great Halloween. We hope all of you did too.



9 comments:

Trapper and Suzy said...

I LOVE IT! Your kids are getting cuter and cuter! It's crazy how fast they grow up!
You're the ultimate mom. I'm amazed at your sewing skills and your foods and craft skills. AWESOME JOB!

Mindy said...

how cool!!! I totally have to learn how to sew! My poor kids, I told them to grab something that was already in the play closet (one of our 500 dress-up clothes). And to top it off we didn't get around to carving the pumpkin till the next day. But believe it or not those deprived children had a great time.

Julie Bradshaw said...

Natalee, you are SO creative. I can't believe all the cool stuff you come up with. I love all the costumes. I also love the look on Brynn's face in the first picture. Also, the halloween food looks disgusting. Well done.

Court said...

Dang girl. You just kicked my halloween tail. I thought I was really stepping up my game this year by decorating my truck for the trunk-or-treat.

Your family looks great in their supermom-designed costumes. I wanna come to your house for Halloween!

Lisa said...

SO awesome!! The costumes all look amazing. I wish we could have hung out together on Halloween, that would have been cool.

Kristie said...

You ROCK! Your kids are soooo lucky to have super Halloween mom. I'm going to have to take some lessons from you next year.

Zola said...

You really do Halloween up right. The costumes were great. What a fun mom you are. The kids were so cute--and the food was to die for. I was especially taken by the cloudy, algae-laden swamp juice and the pulsating brain. YUM! What a geat cook you are, my dear.
MUAH AAH AAH AAH!

I MISS YOU ALL!

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Natalee, your costumes are amazing as always! I love that you all dress up together in theme. We'll have to do that again because it was so fun this year. I loved that brain jello - you'll have to get me the recipe. (Where do I get the mold?) and the swamp punch was really nasty. I'll have to add them to my freaky food menu. Love you and miss you!

Lily said...

You all look GREAT!!!