It's official, Gary has been called to be in the High Council! We were completely surprised. He's been hiding in primary for the last 2 years and, to be honest, I think he would serve there forever if he could. He absolutely loves primary and primary loves him! A member of the bishopric told Gary that he was the glue that held the primary together. Gary is a rare breed. He prepares his primary lessons, he sings all the songs, he's there every Sunday, he's really good with the kids that are a challenge, he's big and strong, and he's funny. He is always put with the hardest class. Now that he is being released they are going to have to call two people to do what he did! But I think he is excited to serve even though it wont be nearly as fun as primary. Gary didn't know anybody in the stake even knew who he was. He wasn't even a High Priest.
We have a few concerns about his knew calling, first, I have a stake calling two. Our stake is 25,000 square miles.v Here you travel a lot when you have a stake calling. That's jut the way it is. We have one car. I guess we will just have to do a lot of carpooling and bringing kids along. Gary won't be put over YW or YM which will help somewhat because we won't have to go to the same activities. Our lives have been so insane. I keep thinking it will slow down but every month is just as crazy. Oh well, I guess it's a lot better than being bored!
4 comments:
Wow! That is pretty amazing! You never know what's around the bend.
Reading your description of Gary as a Primary teacher made me envious- I wish he was one of my teachers!!
Congrats to Gary. That is a big job! Tell Gary to give his high council talks like he teaches primary - then he'll be the best high council speaker ever! High council sunday would be so much better if they all taught like primary teachers.
I bet your primary pres. is shedding a few tears right now. I know I would be. Tears of sadness. Good teachers are so hard to find, and he did a great job. He will do great in the High Council. It will be a challenge, but it will be fun. Congratulations!
What a wonderful opportuniy it was for us to be there when he was ordained to a High Priest. He is such a good man. We loved our visit with you. I will never forget those awesome moments like hoisting the picnic table on top of the car, and the mosquito attacks while we were watching Shrek, or sitting on the back patio and watching the rain storm. We miss you all.
Post a Comment