Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Lovely Lorin
My beautiful Lorin is turning ten and i'm not quite sure how to handle it. I keep thinking I can hide my head in the sand and she will just stop growing and she will alway be my sweet little girl. Double digits is too much for this mom to handle. I just love my Lorin. She is so kind, unusually kind to her siblings. She love being an older sister. She has this amazing will power. I remember when she decided she didn't want training wheels any more. she came inside and anounced she didn't want them so I took them off. By the end of the day she was riding her bike. I love how she has never pplayed with toys, ever. Very little interest as a small child. No barbies, no dolls, nothing. She was an artist from the beginning. As soon as she descovered art she lost all interest in toys.I love that this girl is addicted to cheez-its! I love how she is good at almost everything she tries. She is extremely competitive and wants to be the best! I love how she used to say bygiscool instead of bycicle. I love how patient she is with siblings who like to give her a run for her money. I love how I'm not surprised anymore when teachers, coaches, and instructors come up to me to tell me how special and gifted Lorin is. i love how Lorin wants to try everything and is usually good at everything she tries. I love how she is fearless. I love that she is not quite old enough to be embarrassed by holding her mom's hand in public, although I'm sure if she saw someone she knew from school she might not be so eager. I love how honest Lorin is. She seldom ever lies. I also love how she never cusses. She hates it. I love that she is starting to listen to popular music and loves the song Eye of the Tiger! I love that she still hates going to bed. that she does everything in her power to delay going to bed because she really doesn't want to miss out onn anything. I love how she can read better than me and probably better than her teacher and probably better than most adults, but due to her youth there is still a word every now and then that she needs mom or dads help pronouncing. I love her quick wit. i ove seeing her progress and change. I love how close she is to her dad. Those two were partners in crime since she was a baby. I love how Lorin is 10 going on 30. She's always been an old soul. Always seemed older. I love Lorin's generosity. Always willing to share with others, especially her family. i love Lorin's nurturing nature. it used to break her heart when I woudn't give her siblings something they shouldn't have and they would have a tantrum. She couldn't stand for them to suffer! I love that she has the perfect nose. I ove that Heavenly father gave you to me. I ove being your mom. Happy Birthday sunshine. I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Lorin! I can't believe you're in the double digits. I hope your day is wonderful.
Let me add a few---Lorin is as beautiful on the inside as on the outside. She is funny. She is nonjudgemental. She is physically and spiritually strong. She lights up a room. Love you Lorin, so glad you were born. You bring us all joy.
Happy Birthday Lorin!!! This is Faith..Hopefully u still remeber me. We use to play together ALL THE TIME!!! Your such an amazing girl. Your such a good romodel for everyone around you. You are so buetifull and u really do have the perfect nose, HaHaHa! I miss seeing u. Even thou were far apart you'll always be a part of my heart. Thank You for being you. Your so amazing and dont listen to anyone who tells you otherwise.Their not worth it! I remeber when I first got into the double digits. Its awesome. Have an awsome birthday.
-Faith
P.S. I dont know if you have an email( I do), but We should start emailing eacother.
I love Lorin too. She is such a sweet girl! very different fro her mom in a lot of ways, yet so much like you in so many ways too! Happy Birthday, girlie!
Post a Comment