Sunday, January 2, 2011

Have, Like, a Totally Rad New Year!!

I think this will be my first year in a while that I'll make a resolution.  In the last few years I was more concerned with surviving and the thought of actually improving upon myself seem a little more than I could handle.  But I feel different this year.  Maybe because the end is in sight and it doesn't feel like forever anymore.  It's starting to get down to one more.  One more Christmas and Gary will be done with school.  One more summer and we will be able to get on with our lives.  One more Thanksgiving and one more New Year!  So my resolutions this year are going to be pretty simple.  
1. Eat less meat.  Not going vegetarian.  I think that's illegal in Texas!  No seriously, I'm a big believer in moderation and a balanced diet.  Just less meat.  To be honest I'm not the biggest meat eater anyway so it will probably be the easiest resolution ever!!  Chips and salsa however, you will have to pry out of my cold dead fingers!
2. Organize.  Every cabinet, closet, and storage area is pretty abysmal!  This will be more of a challenge.  I'm not known for my organizational skills.  I rely too much on the whims of creativity and need to reign it in a little and do something about my closets!  Again, refer to above mentioned survival mode for the last few years. I was also considering staying on top of the laundry, but that wild stallion isn't getting broken this year!
3. I want to try my hand at pattern drafting this year.  I did draft a pattern for a shirt last year and I really am happy with the results!  It is much more time consuming to draft your own pattern than it is to buy one and change it,  but I'm a little obsessed with fit and the best way to get a good fit is to draft it yourself, using your own measurements.  
In other news, I went to an eighties themed New Year's Eve party.  To quote Bill and Ted, it was "Excellent"!


Wardrobe provided by the Goodwill Outlet!  Everything in the store is 75% off of the Goodwill price!  Yes, Abilene is that classy! I got my entire outfit for under 4$.  I can't knock the Goodwill outlet too much.  I got a pretty sweet Kate Spade bag for 75 cents!


  

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Gnarly! Most triumphant, my friend.

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

You do the 80's so well!

Like, totally, gag me with a spoon!

Aas far as your resolutions go, I am impressed. (The meat one seems kind of random - don't be too vocal about that one in Texas unless you want someone burning a cross on your lawn.) I have no doubt you will do the drafting one- you are AMAZING! I tried the organizing one last year. It took forever and didn't last. But it had to be done, and i guess I will be doing it yet again this year. Good luck with that, my dear.

Love you. Miss you!

(BTW, my big goal this year is to call my sisters more, and I will, as soon as I get my bluetooth in my car fixed, since I am in my car ALL day long. plenty of time to chat. But until then, you will get comments like this.)