Sunday, November 9, 2008

New Calling.

I am currently a Sunbeam teacher and I love love love it which is kind of surprising considering it was such a struggle to me every other time I've had it (I haven't had that calling since I've had kids.) It's different now though because I have much more experience with kids that age. The chaos doesn't bother me like it did when I didn't have kids. I know that these kids haven't had a teacher that showed up regularly for a while so it makes me want to do the best I can. Plus working in primary is awesome. I am extra blessed because I was given another calling. I am doing activity days for girls too. I am thrilled. I think that has got to be just about the best calling in existence. For some reason I love love love that awkward prepubescent age. When I told my mom my additional calling she said she wanted to trade with me. She is stake relief society president. My response was "No thank you" and I was thinking "heck no". Unfortunately I have zero experience with activity days. I need all the help I can get, so, if there is anyone out there who can give me some advice and ideas I would really appreciate it.

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

It makes all the difference in the world when you love your calling! I'm happy for you. I got an additional calling as well. I can't remember the actual title b/c it is long, but I'm an assistant to the person who puts on the youth Christmas and summer shows. We'll see how that goes.

Jennifer said...

PS what's up with the watermelon?

Anonymous said...

I am currently an activity days leader in my ward. I'm about to hit the two year mark. This is the third time I've had this calling. I love it because you can do anything and the girls love it! Using the Faith in God book is a great guideline. Also, there are a bunch of great websites out there with ideas. My girls love making FHE lessons and learning how to cook. Last week we played broom hockey to teach a sports skill. It was a blast! I love 8-11 year old girls. They're not into boys yet.
-Wendy

Natalee said...

Sometimes I feel like this watermelon. I am so thirsty but I just can't reach the faucet. Mostly I just thought it was funny.

Jennifer said...

The watermelon looks like me under the coke in a soda fountain.

Liz said...

Lucky, lucky lucky. I love Primary. These kids and girls are so blessed to have you and your talents in their midst. Love ya.

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

I'm so glad you have a calling you love - two of them. You will do great with those girls. You are so creative. They'll love you. If I do anything with YW that you can apply to AD I will share it with you.

Mindy said...

ok natalee I just read what gary left on Shelly's blog, it was like he was talking. I could almost see him pacing the floor. It's funny because that is how I write.
Love you guys.