Friday, November 14, 2008

Princess Brynn


So for Christmas I decided to make Brynn some princess dresses. They were so much fun to make! I haven't had the chance to make a lot of frilly, fancy things. Most of the fabric came from the good old dollar fabric shelf at Walmart. Just add lots of lace and ruffles. I just kept thinking about the kind of dress I would have loved as a little girl. Brynn was there the entire time I was making them so when I was finally done I had to let her try them on. When she was done trying on the last dress I went to take it off of her and she grabbed it tight with her little fingers. Gary had to help me pry each finger off of the dress. I think she likes them. Luckily she's two and will forget about the dresses until Christmas. As you can see in the picture they are a couple of sizes too big. I did this so that she could wear them for a long time. You can see in Brynn's face that she is working that dress.







P.S. My nephew Dylan is very very sick. He's got an antibiotic resistant staff A infection in his hip. He is going to be in the hospital for a while. Be sure to check out my sister's blog for more information, boys r us. Prayers would be greatly appreciated. We love you guys.

5 comments:

Zola said...

How lucky for Brynn to have her own fairy godmother to whip her up a gown or two or three--not for the ball, mind you, but for EVERYDAY WEAR!! No princess anywhere could ever top that. She is one lucky little princess; no wonder she tried to use her death grip to keep you from taking the dress from her. Any self respecting princess would do the same.

Liz said...

Brynn is a true princess! And her mother is the queen--the queen of sewing! You are amazing. Your Dylan and Shelly are in my prayers. I am going to the temple on Thu. and will put their names in.
love you.

Natalee H. said...

Hi. Its me -other Natalee. Cute blog. Cute costumes, cute everything you do. You are such a wonder woman supermom. It's very inspiring. Sounds like you guys are doing great in Abilene. Lowell says hi too.

Tammy said...

These are adorable. You have so much talent. I miss having sewing class with you. Brynn is so cute. I want to pinch her cheeks.

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

You know I would have LOVED those dresses as a little girl. Lucky little Brynn. THanks for all you love and concern. Dylan is finally kicking this, and we are keeping our fingures crossed that he is home by Thanksgiving.