Monday, March 23, 2009

Twilight Party

Yes that's right a Twilight party. Yes I am 31. I was invited by the 18 year old sister I team teach sunbeams with. Totally hilarious. I will probably be the oldest one there but I am so going!!! The thing is it's been a while since I've read the books and I don't have them all memorized by heart like the other girls will. We are supposed to come with our favorite parts underlined and discuss them. I can't even remember. I'm just going to do something generic like when they first met or something. Also I kind of get annoyed with Edward after it is all said and done. I guess I like what I have at home a lot more.
I am going because I haven't been to a girls night out since we moved here and it just sounds like a lot of fun to me. I need to do something silly like talk about a fantasy book with a bunch of people younger than me and eat massive amounts of junk food and watch a movie with a really hot guy in it. I feel like our family has been dealing with so much heavy stuff lately it will be fun to do something so easy and carefree. I also feel honored that a teenager would even want me around let alone to come to her party. I'm hoping there will be other old timers there too. I think her mom is inviting a lot of people.

On a side note, I had some left over money for my birthday and of course spent much of it on fabric even though I swore I wouldn't buy any more. Gary just shook his head when he saw it and said jokingly "Natalee I think you have a fabric problem." I said "I don't have a problem with my fabric, I think your the one with the fabric problem. I am totally fine with the fabric I have." Gary just laughed at my response. I am really blessed that he is so understanding. Because I do have so much fabric that I could open up my own fabric store. Sometimes I do just like to look at it because it is so pretty. I like to dream up all the things I could do with it. Fabric makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. I know, I know, I'm a major freak.

5 comments:

EMac said...

Natalee, she invited you because she thinks you are 20. You look like an 18 yr old. Ok, you have 3 kids, and you oldest is 8. You were about 10 when she was born right? Ok, she knows you are not her age, but you are beautiful and young looking. I hope you have a wonderful time. Maybe you could just pretend to be 20 again while you are there. You do have a wonderful husband. Much better than any fictional character.

I love what you said about the fabric. What Gary said is so funny, and I love your response. Where do you put it so you can store it and look at it at the same time. Do you have a fabric room? You can buy more of it with the gift card you will be getting from me for your birthday. At least you could just whip up an outfit if someone needed one.

Love you a lot. Have a great, silly, fun time at that party!!!

Jennifer said...

Dear Fabric-Anonymous,

I am here to urge an intervention for my friend who is 31 and going to a Twilight party. She'll be the only old fogey there, so you should be able to pick her out. Please pick her up and drop her off in Richmond for treatment. Tell her to bring her sewing machine.


I miss you! (I'm going to a Twilight party on Friday.)

Court said...

You're not a freak; you're just, as actors call themselves, "dedicated to you craft". ;)

Zola said...

Twilight party?!? Wowsa. Are you dressing as vampire? Maybe you could whip up a costume real quick. But--wait a minute, the vamps in this movie were beautiful people who wore regular clothes, but had white, white faces. Hey! You can just go as you are! Have fun!

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Yeah, i was gonna say, you've got the white skin, red lips, and your are beautiful! Toss a little glitter on when you step into the sun, and you're a vampire! Go and have fun. You deserve it. And if fabric makes you happy then so be it!

love you