Ethan had another bad day but, I don't feel so down. Nuerologist has been called, and I will be making Ethan a weighted vest and blanket. I ain't going to wait for the school to order one. And when they finallly do he'll have two.
My heart has been breaking for your family this week. You have been in my prayers and your names have been on the rolls of the DC temple for a while now. I love you guys!
What does the weighted vest and blanket accomplish? Slow him down in his escape attempts? Sorry, I might have missed that explanation somewhere along the line.
Kids with autism have sensory perception problems. Many feel kind of like they are floating all the time and this can be rather disconcerting. They don't feel secure so they often have tantrums. a weighted vest helps them feel secure and grounded, often calming the child. I don't think they're heavy enough to slow him down in his escape though the thought made me laugh out loud when I visualized it.
Knowing your sewing skills, that guy will have the best looking weighted vest and blanket for miles around! Way better than what the school will order anyway! Those bad days are gonna get fewer and farther between. He's gonna get there, Nat!
You are so talented! Sorry about the day :P I have to tell you, every time I've read "weighted vest," I have gotten a very comfortable, cozy feeling. So I can see how that would help.
I see some very cool camo in Ethan's future. Every kid in school is gonna want a weighted vest after you're through. Way to be, Natalee! I love how you are totally woman-handling this problem.
9 comments:
My heart has been breaking for your family this week. You have been in my prayers and your names have been on the rolls of the DC temple for a while now. I love you guys!
What does the weighted vest and blanket accomplish? Slow him down in his escape attempts? Sorry, I might have missed that explanation somewhere along the line.
Kids with autism have sensory perception problems. Many feel kind of like they are floating all the time and this can be rather disconcerting. They don't feel secure so they often have tantrums. a weighted vest helps them feel secure and grounded, often calming the child. I don't think they're heavy enough to slow him down in his escape though the thought made me laugh out loud when I visualized it.
Knowing your sewing skills, that guy will have the best looking weighted vest and blanket for miles around! Way better than what the school will order anyway! Those bad days are gonna get fewer and farther between. He's gonna get there, Nat!
You are so talented! Sorry about the day :P I have to tell you, every time I've read "weighted vest," I have gotten a very comfortable, cozy feeling. So I can see how that would help.
Knowing you he will be looking snazzy in that weighted vest. You might end up having to make them for the girls too so they aren't jealous.
But to keep him from running away you'd better sew a few anvils into it, huh?
Hey, and its the weekend. No school for two days!
Love you!
Once you get this all under control then he can really start learning. You will get this under control, it's just a hickup.
A weighted vest sounds like a good ((hug))--to make one sounds complicated, but when has that ever deterred you from sewing anything?
Things will get better n' better.
I see some very cool camo in Ethan's future. Every kid in school is gonna want a weighted vest after you're through. Way to be, Natalee! I love how you are totally woman-handling this problem.
How's it going? I've been thinking of you. I've been having cramps. The weighted blanket enters my mind. I sigh. Sounds loverly.
Post a Comment