Thursday, September 10, 2009
Update
Ethan had a great day!!!!!! I know it is a result of all the prayer, love, and good thoughts coming our way by all you wonderful people out there. Thank you so much for all of your kind words and support. I love you all. I think his great day today will give me fuel. This makes me so happy. When he got home he got to put a sticker on a behavior chart and a happy face on a calendar. All the kids got Popsicles. They get one every time they have a good day. We can't just reward Ethan for having a good day and not the others so Lorin and Brynn pretty much get one every afternoon. I don't care if it is bribery if it results in having a good day at school so be it. An aid who had a lot of experience with autistic kid came in to help out today. It totally helped. the teacher also didn't make him go to music class, which for most kids would be fun, but for Ethan, a room full of noisy kids singing and piano playing is not a good time. Also, some of the time the teacher taught she let him lay in between two bean bag chairs instead of having to sit on the rug. He loved it and still totally got everything. We'll see how tomorrow goes. Even if it's bad I can always remember today and know that things will get better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hurrah! And to think the day got off to a rough start this morning. It seems as if the teacher is learning to read Ethan and understand better what he needs. That comes with time. He will have more good days, you just watch.
Nat, read my comment for your previous post. I really think special need classes should cater the special kid more. I'm so glad it was a better day.
Day by Day... and thats how life works. There will be bad days, but just remember that there will be good days too. We all have our good days and bad days - Ethan is no exception. Life is good.
That is FANTASTIC! We'll just keep on praying, and that teacher will just keep on figuring it out, and Ethan will just keep on eating popsicles!!
Post a Comment