Friday, January 15, 2010

I am finally starting to feel like the fog is lifting. I think that for about the last 2 years I have spent the majority of my time just trying to survive all of the changes that have been thrown our way. I'm finally starting to feel like things are getting settled and life is starting to have some kind of rhythm to it. The other shoe hasn't dropped in quite a while. I think with the new year I'd had a chance to look back on the last 2 years and see how good God has been to us. Time and time and time again the right people have come into our path. Many times while in the midst of all the craziness it was hard for me to see, but lately I am just in amazement by all of compassion and love that has gone our way. I feel so grateful. While these last couple years have probably been the hardest in my life I wouldn't trade them for anything. There are many things I don't think I would have ever learned other wise. Would I relive it all? uh ...no. But it is precious to me and I am so grateful for it. With that being said now that things are going better i have so go to get it together. Survival mode is over, now it's time to start living my life again.

6 comments:

EMac said...

I am so glad Natalee. I have felt that way before. Tough times are like the dark cloud with a silver lining. It is hard and miserable, but then you look back and think about all the blessings and lessons learned. Things you never would have been able to learn or experience unless you went through it. I think of it like a beautiful piece of music my Mozart or someone. If all the notes were high and light, it would be one boring piece of music. But you put sever sections of low and fast or loud music, and it makes the music much more interesting and beautiful. The overall "picture" of our lives is not that beautiful if we don't have the trials.

I just read a few chapters of a book about Helen Keller. She did some great things in her life. If she wasn't blind or deaf and did those same things, almost no one would know who she was. The problems a person overcomes makes them great.

Growing pains are what they are. Now you have grown, and it is easier. Until the next round of growing pains.

Court said...

Such a lovely post. Happy dance for you!

Liz said...

I feel ya. On Harris' first birthday, I just sat down and cried. The previous year had been a complete blur, and at the same time filled with poignant moments I would never forget. It is difficult time that's hard to think about, and yet it is precious to me and belongs to me and I would not trade it. I love you and know that no one is more fit for this experience than you are. You teach me and inspire me always.

Zola said...

I remember your parting comment when we were saying our good-byes. I treasure that moment in my heart, and I thank Heavenly Father in my prayers every night for the angels that have been sent your way, and I thank Him for our Ethan. Love you all.

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Wonderful, Natalee! We all have times like that that we can look back to with gratitude and the knowledge that we got through it, with the help of family, friends, and the Lord, of course. You are so strong! Happy living!

Jennifer said...

Yay for clear skies! Take a deep breath, girl. You are awesome.