Sunday, January 3, 2010

No I Have Not Fallen Off The Face Of The Earth!!!

I just spent the last 2 1/2 weeks in California with my family! Here is a run down.

70 - The average high every day we were there.
20 - The hours it took us to get there (We had to take a detour in Lubbock.)
35 - the average number of minutes we had to wait in line at Disneyland. It was packed but it was fantastic! We still got to ride all the rides we wanted to. Fastpass is the best idea ever!!
4 - the number of grandparents we got to see.
1 1/2 - the years Gary's parents will be on their missions. We will miss them but we are also so excited for them.
8 - The age Adam Weber turned recently. He got baptized while we were there and Lorin, Brynn and I went (Gary stayed home with Ethan, who was throwing up.) The Webers are dear friends of ours and the baptism was beautiful. I'm so glad we got to go!
4 - the number of times the kids got to ride on a carousel. Seaport Village, Balboa Park, Disneyland, The Living Desert.
2 - the number of times we ran into the Webers at Disneyland. We knew they were going that day but we weren't sure if we'd see them because it was sooo crowded. We saw them twice! Just added to an already fantastic day.
19 - Bradshaw family members who went caroling in San Diego.
3 - Movies attended. We all saw Princess and the Frog, so so. I saw the Blindside with my Mom and my sister Shelly, loved it. Gary saw Avatar with my brother-in-law Dennis, loved it as well.
1 ton- The amount of treats I devoured, also amount of presents we brought home, also the amount of fun we had on Christmas in SD!
1 - the number of laptops that suffered complete hardware failure on our trip (thank goodness Gary got that warranty!)
3 - the number of people in our family who threw up!
6 - the number of people in our family who got a nasty cold! (Sorry Mom )
10 - lbs gained after visiting Joe's Sushi.
2 1/2 - 4 - inches of snow we got in Abilene on Christmas while we weren't there.
1st - the day in January the Signs Clan gathered together and went to the park. I wore shorts and a t-shirt. How awesome is that. We played Corn Hole (bean bag toss) and beach volleyball and rode bikes and had a great time.
18 inches - the height of our snowman when we went to the mountains and found there was very little snow. We still had a blast with our teeny tiny snowman and our teeny tiny snow ball fight.
25000 - the amount of times we were asked "how much longer" on the way home. Poor kids. Poor parents!
35 - the number of times our young cat pooped in the hallway while we were gone!!!!!!! Needless to say cat is gone to. He gets food and water but he is forever banished out side. He is dead to me! I am so glad we made friends with a carpet cleaner.
5 - The number of stars I give to the meal that our friends The Comptons brought to us today because they knew we were just getting home and would have no food in the house and it was the sabbath so we wouldn't go to the store.


Pictures to follow shortly!

7 comments:

Court said...

Welcome Home Natalee! Your trip sounds like a blast. Glad you got to have some down time with your family!

Liz said...

Oh my gosh! That all sounds so fun! I, too, am now completely converted to the flash pass.

Lisa said...

Welcome home!! I called you over the break, and then remembered you were in CA. I'll call you again sometime soon. Glad you had a good trip!

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

That is the funnest vacation wrap-up post ever! You are darling! We had such a great time with you here (sorry we were out of town for most of it!) Love you.

Zola said...

Loved every moment with you. It was so hard watching you guys drive off. BOO HOO! Now I just have some wonderful memories, wonderful pictures, and a not so wonderful cold as a remembrance. Love, love, love you!

Court said...

Nat, THANK YOU! I just received the cutest pink tote...a hand made original no less. How lucky am I? Seriously, when Jen handed that over it made my day. Thank you for thinking of me.

Happy New Year!

Mom Bradshaw said...

That was a fun blog to read. Very creative and informative at the same time. Way to go Natalee! :)