Sunday, February 8, 2009

Dress

I took this (the dress on the right)




and I made this





I love this dress so much!! It was the most altering I've ever done on an article of clothing. A how to on burdastyle showed me how to change the neckline. I also lined it, added darts, took in the the sides, changed the sleeves and designed the belt.

Next on my list is to turn this



and this



into this for Ethans birthday next month.



May the force be with me as I make my attempt.





8 comments:

EMac said...

Natalee, if anyone can, you can! He is going to have a great outfit for his birthday. For Someone who is struggling financially because of school, your whole family probably dresses very nice. Of course it is because you are so good at sewing. That dress you made is amazing. I bet you look great in it. The red outfit is great too. You are a very talented woman!

Love You!

Jennifer said...

All I can say is WOW! That is incredible. YOU are incredible! You should consider altering/sewing for money someday. Move back and give me a wardrobe!!! (And sew me up something that looks like Ewen McGregor!)

Natalee said...

Believe me Jen, if I could sew up something that looked like Ewen McGregor I would have done it a long time ago!!!

Liz said...

A
MAZING!

I am in love with that dress.

post some pics of your cute little self in that dress.

Love,
Liz

Zola said...

INCREDIBLE! That dress is just darling! It doesn't even resemble the first dress. You basically designed and made your own pattern for that dress. I'll bet you can see something in a store window and go home and make it---Duh, of course you can, that's what you're doing with Ethan's birthday costume. I am blown away; you just keep getting better and better.

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

That dress is so incredibly darling! You amaze me!

I sewed Derek an Obi Wan outfit without a pattern for Halloween a few years ago, but it was definitely a hack job. I'm sure yours will look like it came from the costume department in the studio backlot.

Maybe you should take it 5 steps further, and make you all Star Trek costumes for next halloween. Knowing you, you'll be ready for Halloween by march.

Like I said, You AMAZE me!

Jennifer said...

I'm still waiting for pictures of you in the dress.

Court said...

I miss seeing you every Sunday in one of your beautiful creations. In fact, I can't remember a Sunday when I didn't think to myself, "That Natalee is so amazing and beautiful!"