A few days ago Ethan was watching Gary shave. Gary told him that someday when he gets older he will shave too. Ethan asked "When I am six"? Gary said "More like fourteen." Then Ethan said as he was looking at Gary and was in obviously using Gary as a model as he said it "When I am six I will have a tummy like a circle, really long arms, and really short hair!!" He sounded so excited and happy about it too.
Also I asked Brynn how old she was and she said "Umm, bicycle." very matter-of-factly. Yesterday we were visiting uncle Steve and aunt Arlene. Brynn and uncle Steve were playing a game where you have this toy and you basically shoot a little propeller at each other and catch it with a hand held basket. In between catching and throwing Brynn would twirl like a ballerina without even thinking about it. she did it automatically. I guess she was happy and having fun with uncle Steve and just started twirling involuntarily.
A couple of Weeks ago I got up early to go garage saleing, and Lorin ended up going with me. we had so much fun. Of course Lorin would want to buy old broken tins, or plastic pineapple massed produced wall art from the seventies, or anything covered in lace because it looks so fancy. We went garage saleing, we got donuts, we went to a cute little boutique and just had fun being the two of us.
3 comments:
Hilarious! I wish my kids would aspire to my tummy like a circle! And girl time with Lorin is so awesome - I'll have to remember to start doing that.
`"Tummy like a circle"--that was very tactfully put, there are much more offensive was to describe that particular phenomenon--I like that boy.
I could just see our Brynnie doing pirouettes after each catch. Of course she did, it's a perfectly natural princess thing to do.
That was pretty smart of you to steer Lorin away from the plastic pineapples and old broken tins with donuts. Sounds like you two had fun.
Tummy like a circle! hehe
That kid should be a poet because that is an apt description.
Good to start her young with the garage saleing skills.
Too bad. I have been looking everywhere for that plastic pineapple wall art. How could you pass that one up? I think I saw someone with one of those on Antiques Roadshow and they said it was worth like 5 thousand dollars! Or maybe that was something else.
Post a Comment