On my favorite website
burdastyle.com, I found instructions on how to make a card table playhouse. I just made a mental note of it for a later date thinking maybe it would make a fun family
Christmas present or something. Then I read an article in the friend magazine called "Reverence Tent". The family in the article read the scripture story about King Benjamin's talk and how everyone set up their tents facing him. They decided to make a reverence tent for general conference. I decided to do the same but used the idea of the card table playhouse. It turned out really great. I made some slight changes from the playhouse on the website. I made it in colors that are a little more gender
neutral and I added tent flaps to give more of the feel of a tent. The original was
meant more for a little girl and it had curtains rather than tent flaps. When I look at it, it makes me happy.


3 comments:
Girl, do you ever stop? Holy Cow! I am feeling so 'less than' right now.
I love the tent. How fun.
My friend Alysa has been doing the tent thing at conference for years and years. Her family gets so excited. She loves it. I have never tried it. We do conference bingo though, and the boys are really good about listening, especially when candy is involved.
Happy conference!
Brilliant! That print is so fab. I may have to do this. Not sew, set up the tent. Except we usually go to the church. Oh! We could watch online!
Nat,
You've done it again! What's next? I can only imagine. That is the cutest and most clever thing. I'll bet the kids love it. You are amazing.
Post a Comment