I know I haven't blogged in a while but we have been dealing with a lot over here. To be honest I've felt pretty overwhelmed with life. After a little over a week Ethan's teacher sent home a note saying she wants to meet with us. Uggghhhh. I know exactly what she is going to say and I am not looking forward to it. I'm so sensitive when it comes to Ethan, mostly because I know he is different than other kids and that he definitely has issues. He's not along the lines of being a bully or anything. It's more a lack of social skills. There is a long list of things about him that are different and more than one person has asked me if he is autistic. I'm taking him in to see a doctor on the 16th so we will just have to see what happens. That along with dealing with college life again with three kids. Also, when it comes to living here, well, I just don't want to. I just want to put my life on pause for a while and have a break and then when I feel refreshed I can resume it. If only.
On a lighter note Gary and I spoke in church on Sunday and I felt a little like a rock star afterward. When we first moved into the ward no one really talked to us. I have to say though that 70% of our ward is inactive and I'm sure the ward members were holding their breaths to see if we would stick around. People really liked our talks. I was kind of surprised. We got a lot of compliments. The bishop mentioned our talks three times in the combined 5th Sunday third hour meeting. One lady approached me after church crying. I was not expecting that but I'm really glad that the spirit was so strong. It confirmed to me that we were in the right place. Ever since the first day we walked into our ward sacrament meeting I knew it was where we were supposed to be warts and all. This ward has problems but it is a good ward and the Lord has a work for us to do in it. Our ward in the San Diego are was small and had problems but I really loved that ward and it holds a special place in m,y heart and I have a feeling this ward will be much the same way.
Last Saturday we went to the Abilene zoo which was surprisingly awesome. I have a bunch of pictures I will post later but it is a great zoo. it's a small zoo but it's got big animals. It was a blast. Tomorrow we are going to the fair. I wasn't going to go but the kids all got free tickets and Gary is going to be at an anatomy lab for 12 hours so we are going. I don't know if I can handle the parade. If I don't like sitting through a parade I doubt my 2 year old will. We are going to try to spend as little money as possible since we are now poor college students. It should be interesting. I'm really good at being cheap and having fun so I'm sure it will be a great time.
Our cat has been killing (I should say torturing to death) mice and rats. Not as many birds and squirrels here. She had to switch her prey. She really seems to enjoy it. The other day she tortured a mouse all day long. She found it in the morning and didn't kill it until Lorin and Ethan came home from school. Rodents are so much better because they don't fly away. Luckily she finds them outside not inside. If we had a problem with rats inside I think I would have a heart attack.
Gary's dad had his prostate surgery and we are so glad that he is OK, that the doctors think they removed everything and that the cancer has not spread. We were all fasting for him including Lorin.That was really great news.
3 comments:
Wow, that's a lot, Nat. I'm sorry it's been so difficult. I wish I could come visit ($ is always an issue, isn't it?). You and Gary are such awesome parents - that teacher may have something to say, but nobody knows and loves Ethan the way you do. You'll be able to speak for him and, as always, do what is best for him. Who knows how it'll turn out, but I'll be praying for y'all's doctor appointment on the 16th. You are still the bravest woman I know!
Oh how I wish we lived closer to you. You have so much on you plate right now. I just wish I could be closer to help you out. Perhaps the doc and the teacher will open doors for our sweet Ethan and be just what he needs. You guys are always in our prayers. So glad Gerald is OK. Have fun at the fair.
Nat, we love you. Sorry things are not so fun right now. You know how to do more than have fun poor, you can do more with nothing than anyone I know. We'll be praying that the Dr. gets it right. Your ward is lucky to have you. You are meant to do great things! Love you!
Post a Comment