Friday, October 3, 2008

A bit of good news

I know I just posted but, I failed to mention my fabulous garage sale find. If you are like most people and start to nod off when I start to discuss garage sales feel free to skip this post.I went to a rummage sale at the local community center and At first I didn't really see anything. Then I came across a card board box full of vintage buttons. A 90 year old lady decided to donate her sewing stuff. She was a tailor her entire life. There wasn't a lot I needed but I filled several bags with buttons because they were ten cents per sandwich bag filled with buttons. I also got some fabric and tracing paper as well as pattern weights. You can use weights rather than pins when cutting out a pattern and the whole process goes a lot faster. I also found an angora/wool sweater, and a faux fur coat and a couple of princess dresses for Brynn, In all I spent about 3 dollars. It was the first garage sale I'd ever been to where I thought the prices were too low. Did I complain? Absolutely not.

2 comments:

Zola said...

Happy Halloween to you too! Love your decorations. I would love to have accompanied you to the rummage sale. I could spend hours going through a box of vintage buttons. They are little bits of history. What fun!

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Who could nod off when hearing about a great garage sale? Impossible. The very though make my heart beat faster! Buttons - how exciting. I love buttons. God is good.