I've been giving Lorin sewing lessons as a means to give us more time together. She is at the age where she doesn't need me to do everything for her. She spends a lot of time playing with her friends. I've been busy with to younger siblings that need a lot more attention so I decided to teach her to sew. Also, Lorin is extremely creative and loves any activity where she can use her abilities. Twice a week for an hour I teach her to sew. Right now we are working on an out fit for an 18 inch doll that she has. I have been very impressed with the speed she has learned. Sewing is not an easy skill but she is soaking it all up like a sponge. It seems it is easier for her than it was for some of the adults I used to teach. She really enjoys it. She wanted to make sure I took a picture of her ironing because she thinks ironing is so grown up. When she is finished we will take picture and post them on the blog.




I added this picture because I think Brynn has great cheeks. Sometimes they just don't fit in her pants.
2 comments:
Lorin is growing up so fast. Is there anything that she can't do well? Can't wait to see the finished product. Keep up the good work, Loring. We are so proud.
Great shot of Brynn's hinie. Too cute.
How fun to teach her on that old baby Singer. The old ones are the best for learning to sew because they are so simple and straightforward. If she is anything like her mom, she'll be an amazing seamstress!
I should start teaching my boys a few things about sewing too.
Post a Comment