Friday, October 10, 2008

Boring and Mundane

I haven't had much to blog about lately. I noticed it had been a while since I posted anything. I made some cute Halloween slip covers for my chairs. They were super easy. I found the idea at familyfun.com. They are made out of felt but you could also use pillowcases. The pieces that make up the face and the bats are also cut out of felt. They are sprayed with repositionable glue. So you can just peel off the pieces when Halloween is over and put something else on it for the next holiday. familyfun.com has designs for all of the major holidays. When Ethan walked in from school he just started screaming out of pure joy. It was like I had just given him the best Christmas gift ever.




Lorin got straight A's again. Her teacher said that she wished she had 20 more just like her. Every teacher she has ever had has said that about her.What can I say, she is just awesome. She has also perfected the skill of the one-handed cart wheel. She is extremely kind to her siblings. Ethan is also very kind. We worked really hard with him on his temper and by the time we had Brynn he had also become very patient and kind. Lorin has set a wonderful example. Brynn is turning into a little bit of a diva. It's nothing that a few timeouts can't cure. Her diva really comes out when she hasn't gotten any sleep. Most of the time she is singing and dancing. She likes it when I do her hair. She tries to wear a princess dress everyday. She is so precious and beautiful but sometime I can see a resemblance to the Real Housewives of Atlanta. I think it is because she is two years old and most of the time the women on that show act like two year olds. Yes I admit I watched one episode and it actually made me appreciate the fact that I am poor. It made me realize how much I love my life and I am so thankful I am not them.



We put up our Halloween decorations. I love every aspect of Halloween. You get to dress up and eat candy. What could be better. For the last three Halloweens I've been making special gross looking but yummy tasting dinners. The stuff seriously looks like it could be on fear factor. The kids eat it up literally.



This is what happens when I don't have anything to blog about. I just ramble on and on about the mundane (you know what I'm talking about Liz) and boring. I am off to Walmart now, my favorite store to hate, so that I can get some interfacing for a coat I am making. See what I mean, boring.

Ethan got this out of our Halloween box when we were decorating. Nice bod Ethan.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Amen to TRH of Atlanta!!! I was SO happy to have a real life. Seriously! They have so much money that their lives look boring! How are they not bored out of their two-year-old minds?

I did not think ONE solitary thing on this post was boring or mundane. It made me feel very happy. Your kids are AWESOME!

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Wow, was that Ethan? From the bod I thought for sure it was Gary! HEHEHE

Your kids are so cute!

Every time I look at your blog, you've sewn some new amazing thing! Can't wait to see how you decorate those chairs for other holidays.