

I made the dress a couple of weeks ago. I love it. I like to think of it as my sexy red dress. I love love love this cranberry color. I think it is my favorite. After I finished the dress I realized I had some great velvety fabric that matched (This is fabric I got at that 95 % percent off store closing sale. I made the coat out of it. I love the coat even more than the dress. I love making coats for some reason. They are so much work and a lot has to be sewn by hand but I think there are few things better then having a coat that really fits (having perfect jeans is even better.) The lining in the coat is black and white pin stripes. I like to put in a lining that contrasts with the fabric to add interest. I am working on a gray coat that is similar to this one except the bodice and collar will be different. I love to make clothes and jewelry. I made a really pretty necklace to go with the dress. If only I could make shoes. Wouldn't that be awesome if we could all make shoes? I would never go shopping again. Sorry about the lack of make up and the ratty pony tail. I just threw on the dress so I could take a picture. I really need to put on make up more often. I can't believe I'm exposing all blog readers to what I look like without makeup. Yikes.
6 comments:
Nat,
It all looks so beautiful! You are so skilled. I got a black little cropped jacket from JCP for $12 and it is all lined with banana yellow silk! I love it, but custom is so much better. One day I'm gonna be watching you on project runway! Thanks for your supportive words on by blog, by the way. You're the best.
Natalie, that is beautiful! I can't believe how talented you are. My mom can do stuff like that. I did not inherit that gene!
Hey Sexy Red Dress! I LOVE it! It is very sheik. Is that how you spell that? It looks like the perfect Christmas party outfit, too. You actually don't look like you have on no makeup b/c your skin glows (as usual), your cheeks and lips are pink, and I can see your blue eyes so well.
WOW WOW WOW! I am so impressed. That red dress is super sexy on your cute little figure, and that jacket is absolutely smashing. You keep amazing me everyday. And if anyone can get away with no make-up, it is you and your perfect skin. Absolutely fabulous, darling!
OK, so I'm being real mom now--So what is that on your finger?!? Is it a splint?!? What happened?!?
Are you hurt?!?
Now for the dress--it is absolutely gorgeous. The fabric is to die for. The coat is a real snuggler. You just seem to get better and better. You never cease to amaze me. I am blown away how someone as talented as you came from me. Wow, I am so humbled by all this.
Man Nat you are looking HOT! I totally miss you. Come back PLEASE!
Post a Comment