Monday, January 26, 2009

Home Early...again!!!

Ethan was sent home early from school again. How many kids do you know who have been suspended this often in kindergarten? I know there is something wrong. I have a feeling it is AS. I feel like my hands are tied until I get a diagnosis. Who knows when we will get in to see a neurologist. Not only that but Ethan is in a fantastic program right now which unfortunately he wont qualify for next year because he is too smart. So everyone at the school is scrambling to try to figure out what they are going to do with him next year. I feel like there is just nothing for kids like Ethan. If his problems were severe it would have been a lot easier to get him diagnosed and he would have qualified for all these programs. But his problems are bad enough that he is unable to function in a school setting. But he is also a clever kid and needs a formal education and he needs interaction with other kids. AAAAHHHHHHHH!!! I don't think I could get through this without the gospel.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, Nat! I am so so sorry! If knowledge is power than this not knowing is SO powerless. Would you be open to us dedicating this fast Sunday to Ethan's situation and needs? I would love to do it, and I know that the Lord has something really wonderful in store for Ethan. Ok, I'll just email the rest of this. I love you!

Zola said...

Oh Natalee, we pray for that precious little boy constantly. Something will work out. We love you all so much.

Julie Bradshaw said...

Nat, I'm so sorry that it's proving to be such a challenge to get Ethan the help he needs. I pray for you guys all the time but will redouble my efforts. Loves.

Natalee said...

Fasting for ethan would be wonderful!! Thank you so much.