We are back in Abilene. We are trying to unpack. The manager forgot we were coming and never got the place cleaned. Some college boys rented it before so they didn't do that great a job cleaning. It's not nearly as bad as you would think but the cleaning lady is coming tomorrow. We did find a beer keg in the entryway closet and a car fender in the garage. Hmmmmm. I wonder if the two are related? Other than that the house is in pretty good shape and is way better than an apartment. Our house does have the most interesting light fixtures. I thought the ones in our old house were ugly. The ones in this house are not just ugly, but fascinating.
I think it will take a little while to adjust to Abilene. It feels a little smaller than I am used to. Hopefully we are in a good ward. It's not bad it's just not what I'm used to. I'm really trying hard to keep out the negative thoughts, but sometimes it is a challenge.
We are so excited for Gary to start school and for all of us to get into the swing of things. He has already accomplished so much.
3 comments:
We are so relieved that you got through all that travel safe and sound. I really wish I were there to help you. We are proud of Gary and excited for him to start school. You are about to start a new phase of your life. It will be a good one.
I'm just pretending that I haven't seen you in a few weeks. THe pioneer day activity is cancelled due to rain, and I'm pretty sure only Mary Hyatt is upset about it. :)
Sounds like your lighting will be quite a conversation piece for you guys. We are glad you made it safe and are in - kind of. Good luck. Love you.
Post a Comment