Friday, July 4, 2008
Fabric Extravaganza
I completely forgot to mention a most wonderful thing that happened while we were dealing with all the icky stuff in the early parts of vacation. My mom's Joann's Fabric was closing because there was another store opening at another location. We went the first day and the manager told us if we buy 10 bolts of fabric we get 90% off. So of course we more than surpassed our 10 bolts. Then we went back the next day and we were told 20 bolts for 95% off. So of course we surpassed our 20 bolts. I think I've had dreams similar to this. In all I ended up with 31 bolts of fabric. We will all be draped in fabric as we drive home to Abilene. I know that there are those of you out there who A. Do not bargain shop, and B. Do not sew. Well I do a lot of both so to me it was totally awesome. My mom mentioned to me that I probably doubled the amount of fabric I have. Unfortunately it doesn't even come close. I packed most of my breakables with my fabric and still had enough to fill two boxes when we moved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my holy crap!!! That is phenomenal!!! What kind did you get? Any plans for it? I'm drooling over here.
It was an exciting day! The Lord had his hand in the timing of it for sure. Otherwise mom would have been wandering the store trying to figure out what you'd want, then how to ship it all to you. The toaster doesn't always get his way!
Post a Comment