Thursday, July 24, 2008
Insomnia Rears It's Ugly Head
Please note the time. I have been up for several hours. I went to bed after midnight. I've been doing this for the last several days. Right now I feel desperate to get some sleep. My only desire is to sleep. Luckily I've learned to cope with getting little sleep, but occasionally when I've had an especially difficult episode I feel like I can't even move. I'm so tired I lay on the couch so I can keep an eye on my kids and I just don't move because any exertion of energy hurts. Insomnia seems to be a problem anytime there is anything happening in my life, a lot of times stress induced, but a lot of times when I am really happy. I can never sleep on a vacation. It is as if my brain won't shut off. After about 4 or 5 days of getting 2-3 hours of sleep I start to get depressed and irritable and antisocial (hence the toaster incident). A lot of times i will get up and start my day at 3:00 a.m. and by about 2 p.m. I just can't move any more. This is so frustrating for me because I want to get up and do things. Then i remind myself that I am having a 21 hour day and that I got less sleep in the last three days then I am supposed to get in one night. I had tried everything and nothing worked until I finally went to the doctor and got a prescription for sleep aids. That was the best thing I ever did. I just put up with it for 11 years. I only take the sleep aids when It is really bad. I should have taken one last night because I am feeling worn down. I also stay away from caffeine completely, keep my room as dark as possible, got to bed on an empty stomach etc. Alright, I am done complaining about by problems. i know that people have much worse problems and that i am blessed, but I do feel much better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
3:52 AM!!!!! WHAT IS THIS!!!! Oh baby you really need to get some rest. You will be getting sick again. Just forget moving in and get some rest. The boxes will still be there tomorrow.
I am SO having the same problem! Not as bad since I get 4 hours many nights. But I sure ain't nice. I've decided to take a sleeping pill after last night, but I can only do that with Andy home, and he got home pretty late last night after seeing Batman (again). I am so fidgety when I'm up at night, though, that I'm hardly even using the time to get crap done. This morning I did start the laundry, so that has to count. Especially since I have to advance the washer from cycle to cycle myself. It's been a year since the lightning almost, so, what's wrong with me? Think I could call a service man? Sure, if they were up at 3:52 am :)
I think it is a family trait because I have the same problem a lot. I do that all the time - I fall asleep fine, but if I get woken up for any reasn,it is almost impossible for me to get back to sleep. My mind just races and its ready to start the day, but my body is NOT. I'm too tired to get up and get something worthwhile done but not able to sleep either. I hate it!!! My family can always tell when I've had a bad night, which are more often than not, it seems. So sorry.
Hey! I tagged you to answer a questionnaire on my blog! Go check it out! AND, I need your address; the kid want to mail something.
Post a Comment